Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Whatever It Takes by Lindsay Paige

Thank you to Making Connections (on Goodreads) and to Lindsay Paige for the opportunity to read and review this book

Whatever It Takes (Bold As Love, #3)


Genre
YA Contemporary

Series
Bold As Love (Book 3)

Publication Date
June 13th, 2012

Publisher
Self-Published

Available At
*Not yet available*












Their first year of college isn’t what they expected. Emily is still struggling with the loss of her baby, while Jake seems to have no trouble with it at all. Emily is so conflicted about how to deal with the miscarriage. On top of that, she’s having nightmares. 


Can Jake help his Sweetness? Will she allow him? Their relationship is suffering and Jake is determined to do whatever Emily asks of him. But when Emily makes a suggestion that she feels will help with her grief, could it tear the couple apart forever?


Review
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars


Another installment with exceptional sweetness when it comes to romance. There was slightly more tension when there were issues that the characters needed to work through and that added more to the story. I felt that the characters were actually struggling instead of going through a preface of struggling without actually walking through it.

I do, however, feel that the characters are put through too many different emotional twists. For me, it takes away from each story as each installment offers pretty hectic things to overcome. It was too much for me. I felt that the stories could have focused on less twists and more characterization growth. The emotions weren't there for me because there was too much happening from book 1 to book 3, I couldn't get attached to the characters with so much going on. I can say, though, that there is greater unexpectedness in Whatever It Takes. 

I may have some issues, but I also did enjoy Whatever It Takes. It's a shorter read than Sweetness or I'm Yours so prepare to read it in one sitting. It also appears (from the ending) that there will be another installment in the Bold As Love series. Which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment