Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: Infinite Sacrifice by L.E. Waters

Infinite Sacrifice (Infinite Series, #1)

Genre
Reincarnation Fantasy


Series
Book 1 of the Infinite Series

Publication Date
November 2011

Publisher
Rock Castle Publishing

Available At

Formats
Ebook
Paperback



Maya’s shocked to discover it’s not the heaven she imagined;in fact, a life of adventure begins the moment you die.


Zachariah, her faithful spirit guide, explains the rules of the dead: in order to regain complete awareness and reunite with loved ones all souls must review their previous lives.


Maya plunges warily into her turbulent pasts as a sociopathic High Priest in ancient Egypt; an independent mother protecting a dangerous secret in glorious Sparta; an Irish boy kidnapped and enslaved by Vikings; and a doctor’s wife forced to make an ethical stand in plague-ridden England.


All the while, Maya yearns to be with those she cares about most and worries that she hasn’t learned all of heaven’s most vital lessons. Will she be forced to leave the tranquility of heaven to survive yet another painful and tumultuous life? Or worse, accept the bitter reality of having to go back alone?


Review
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars!


I'm a details person, what can I say? I love the tiny details of a story that make it complete. Infinite Sacrifice is about all those small details, so I was in heaven!


When L.E. Waters contacted me for a review, I was supremely intrigued by the blurb. Reincarnation will always fascinate me, then she succinctly pointed out out that one life involves vikings. Now, they are Dane's not Norwegian, but vikings are vikings so I was even more interested. With that said, I was mildly hesitant only because I wasn't sure how all the lives were going to be combined into one soul without confusion (that's what I get for reading reviews prior to reading a book, I usually read them after I've read the story because I don't like going into a book with preconceived notions). I was wrong to be hesitant, so very wrong! 


I was quickly entranced by the writing style as I partook in this unique, fascinating adventure. L.E. Waters captures scenery and dialogue with such ease that it's easy to picture in your head, everything rolls naturally. No stilting, no rushing, no forcing. There are a lot of details to take in as we visit four of Lazrina's (soul name) lives, but I found those details to be easy to keep track of (see, preconceived notion that it would be confusing). It wasn't confusing in the least, but then again, I pride myself on having an eye for those kind of details. Any small details, really. Also, L.E. Waters graciously supplies a chart at the end of each life to help the reader keep track of who was who within those four lives. It also helps that we visit each life one after the other without unnecessary spacing. It helps keep the people, or rather their souls, fresh in the readers mind. It also helps that each soul has at least one thing that helps identify them with each new life. You'll see once you read the book.


The concept was well-crafted, tightly woven together so there weren't any gaping holes. Everything fit together perfectly, like matching puzzle pieces. I cannot even imagine how much time went into Infinite Sacrifice, between the researched history and piecing together the lives of not only one person, but the supporting characters as well. It's really four mini stories rolled into a bigger story where everything ties together to make a compelling tale about the lessons a soul learns throughout their existence. I loved piecing together the tiny pieces to figure out who was positive, negative or neutral, but all influencing Lazrina's soul. 


One of the best parts is that L.E. Waters delivers history in a factual sense. She didn't romanticize it, which I greatly appreciated. She wrote about the ways of each life, never masking the ugly with pretty words to disguise the harsh facts. If you betrayed a law, you were killed. If you were a slave, you were owned, with few (if any) sympathizing with you. If you were a female, you had no power, often judged by who you married, owned by the man you married. The harsh realities of history were in your face, and I liked that! 


If you enjoy history, read Infinite Sacrifice. If you enjoy reincarnation, read Infinite Sacrifice. If you want a unique, one-of-a-kind story, read Infinite Sacrifice. Or how about you just read Infinite Sacrifice? It's an absolutely amazing story! And, lucky for us, Infinite Devotion (the second book) is already out!

No comments:

Post a Comment